Global Advertising & Marketing Revenue Forecast 2016-20
4th Edition of the Annual Performance Benchmark for the
Global Advertising & Marketing Industry
PQ Media® has released the 4th edition of the annual Global Media & Technology Series™ (GMT Series), a three-report market intelligence bundle designed to work individually and sequentially to provide users with the only holistic perspective of the digital transformation reshaping the media & technology landscape.
The first report in the GMT Series to be launched this year is the Global Advertising & Marketing Revenue Forecast 2016-20, which delivers exclusive data and analytics covering digital, traditional and hybrid media operator revenues and growth trends; key growth drivers and emerging market challenges; exclusive US and global rankings; and consistent historical, current and forecast datasets. (Scroll down to bottom of page, fill out short form, and download free executive summary and sample datasets)
PQ Media is the world's only market research firm that consistently tracks, analyzes and projects the velocity and trajectory of the global advertising & marketing media economy. In line with past editions, we have added more value this year with a host of new intelligent data elements, which highlight the key updates & add-ons to the Global Advertising & Marketing Revenue Forecast 2016-20. Among other new features are:
- Expanded coverage of leading media markets worldwide, resulting in 5 new countries being added to the roster of markets covered, including at least one in each of the 4 global regions: Argentina (Americas); Netherlands & Poland (Europe); South Africa (Middle East & Africa); and Taiwan (APAC).
- First-ever econometric modeling, market sizing, vertical segmenting and five-year projections covering every admedia & marcom platform and channel worldwide, with consistent datasets for more accurate comparisons of each five-year period (historical/forecast), as well as exclusive primary market research, econometric data analyses, key market insights and growth projections for 2016-20.
- New drill-down analyses of cross-media spending by brand marketers, as more interest and investments shift to the Internet of Things, driven by the expanding array of Acronym Technology, industry stakeholders are betting that new smart technology will soon come to enhance, streamline and strengthen key strategic planning initiatives, multimedia marketing campaigns and other important marcom tactics. Among the leading Acronym Tech are: AI (Artificial Intelligence), AR (Augmented Reality), BOTS (computer robots), IOT (Internet of Things) and VR (Virtual Reality).
To help you make smarter, faster strategic decisions, despite the cross-currents rocking the broader media & tech ecosystem, PQ Media analysts employ our proven research methodology, PQ Medianomics™, which includes three proprietary databases and an exclusive Global Opinion Leader Panel™. Together, these assets enable our research team to do the hard work you don't have time to do, so you can focus on examining the in-depth market intelligence and a surfeit of econometric data that will help you do your job better. These actionable industry data and datagraphs, and our research-driven projections enable you to:
- Analyze results and forecasts for the entire 2010-20 period, including year-end 2016 estimates and 2017-20 forecasts with the help of approximately 500 exclusive datagraphs;
- Benchmark KPIs in the Top 20 Global Markets across 4 major regions; 2 primary industry sectors (advertising & marketing); 15 hybrid media silos (digital & traditional); 12 digital & alternative media platforms; 12 traditional media platforms; and over 50 different media channels;
- Drill down into the Top 20 Global Markets with an Exclusive Companion Excel Databook, providing hundreds of consistent, deep-dive datasets by country, platform and channel, as well as market-specific insights and five-year projections in a convenient PowerPoint deck that features 400+ data-rich slides and over 90,000 data points;
- Identify potential growth markets offering the best opportunities going forward, and those with the most challenges based on intelligent data and business information powered by PQ Media;
Along with decades of proprietary research and thorough PEST examination, our analysts have drilled deep into the leading markets worldwide to uncover the most important trends impacting the media industry in the 2010-16 historical period, and in the current and forecast years in the 2016-20 period, including:
- Political and economic instability is adversely impacting advertising & marketing growth in more media markets than ever before, particularly early anxieties regarding the effect of various policy initiatives outlined by the new Trump Administration on markets outside the US, such as Mexico and China;
- Brands continue to shift dollars out of other advertising & marketing media platforms into mobile media, but print is no longer the primary culprit as internet advertising & marketing has begun to exhibit rapidly decelerating growth, including several channels that are declining;
- Need to engage with on-the-go consumers has led to increased use of content, influencer and experiential marketing, including branded entertainment/product placement, as well as new video channels that are consumed on non-traditional devices, such as OTT video, satellite TV, and online and mobile video;
Driven by these trends, the new Global Advertising & Marketing Revenue Forecast predicts that the advertising & marketing sectors, in aggregate, will continue to post solid growth during the forecast period, but the gains will be unevenly divided, as the media ecosystem continues to evolve in a manner that will produce clear winners and losers on various levels:
- Global advertising and marketing revenues neared $1.2 trillion in 2016, growing almost 5% during the year, the strongest growth rate since the Great Recession;
- Digital & alternative media reached almost $400 billion in 2016, posting its sixth consecutive year of double-digit growth; while traditional advertising & marketing rebounded from a flat 2015 to record a 1.4% gain in 2016 to $775 billion;
- US remained the world's largest media market in 2016, generating more than $460 billion, with no other leading market reaching $80 billion, but the US market's growth rate ranked only 14th globally.
To examine the depth and breadth of the Global Advertising & Marketing Forecast 2016-20, please share a few bits of information with us below (in strict confidence), making sure that all your contact info is correct, particularly your email address, which is used to send you the links necessary to download your free executive summary, table of contents, and sample datasets after you submit the short form.
Learn more about the report:
Download a FREE Executive Summary, Sample Excel Dataset, and Table of Contents After Sharing a Few Bits of Info with Us: